[Linux-cluster] Re: NFSCookbook Redhat 5 Cluster

dennis at demarco.com dennis at demarco.com
Thu Jul 12 16:18:01 UTC 2007

I was refering to the NFS cookbook being hard to follow in some areas.
That could just be me being dense though ;)

One issue I had was needing to define a single gfs (clusterfs) as a resource,
than having multiple ones.

Example: bobfs1, bobfs2, etc, gave me an error in 5.0. as the devices were
not unique. (If I can remember the error correctly)

The directions show you to create manage resources for GFS (step 7b),
then latern step 7c, duplicate your work? Step 7c needs to be tightened
up. No mention of adding the IP resource.

(In the Manual config method, xml example)

In the  services area, you might want to put the IP address after the
clusterfs reference. So the IP address is added last on service start.

I'm in RH436 class now, but next week I'll send you an e-mail with some
ideas/changes, etc on my test setup. I'm using Xen on a desktop to study
for the class and it's a major help.

Thanks,
Dennis

On Thu, 12 Jul 2007, Bob Peterson wrote:

> On Thu, 2007-07-12 at 08:50 -0400, dennis at demarco.com wrote:
>> It's listed on the cluster FAQ. It's last updated in March. It's a bit
>> hard to follow and not correct in some spots, but good starting point.
>>
>> - Dennis
>
>> http://sources.redhat.com/cluster/doc/nfscookbook.pdf - The Unofficial
>> NFS/GFS Cookbook.
>
> Hi Dennis,
>
> At the very bottom of the FAQ, there's a "Links" section that has does
> in fact have a link to the NFS/GFS cookbook.
>
> Are you talking about the FAQ or the Cookbook being hard to follow and
> not correct in some spots?  If there are problems, inaccuracies or points
> of confusion, I'd love to hear about them and I can change them in a
> heartbeat (time permitting, of course).  That's an advantage to them not
> being "Official Red Hat" documents.  I'd gladly spend time on fixing them
> rather than perpetuate bad information that frustrates everyone.  :)
>
> Regards,
>
> Bob Peterson
> Red Hat Cluster Suite

> believed to be clean.