[Linux-cluster] GFS locks wnen a node fails

Balagopal Pillai pillai at mathstat.dal.ca
Fri Jul 20 11:01:25 UTC 2007

On Fri, 20 Jul 2007, Maciej Bogucki wrote:
Hi,

      I saw this problem when i was looking at gfs as an option for an
hpc cluster. Did you mount with oopses_ok? With that option, if one node
has a problem, gfs mounts on other nodes too tend to hang needing a total
cluster restart. Ideally, the nodes should panic when they have gfs
problems and the other nodes would stay unaffected.

Regards
Balagopal