[Linux-cluster] Linux Clustering Newbe

Dan.Askew at jmsmucker.com Dan.Askew at jmsmucker.com
Fri Jul 20 12:00:44 UTC 2007

Greetings all,

I am an old veteran of HP-UX Service Guard. I am trying to get a NFS linux
Cluster working and need some advise.

I have read the NFS Cookbook from Redhat and have a the following working

2 Node Linux Cluster  (RHEL AS 4.0 update 5)

one test disk LVM formated ext3 (have not decided onGFS or not)

Use Vitual IPAddress to access the disks via NFS

When SYSTEMA  runs the service and the client machine access the disk and
makes changes. Then I fail over to SYSTEMB these changes made by the
client are not present.

I am runing CLVMD deamon
The LVM disks are mounted on both systems
I have made the following changes to LVM.CONF

(I have tried locking_type = 2 and locking_type = 3) both have he same
results. (as above)

Sorry for my ignorance but can anyone tell me what I am doing
wrong...would GFS solve the syncing problem?

Dan Askew
Sr Systems Administrator
The J. M. Smucker Company

Phone (330)684-3662