[Linux-cluster] Linux Clustering Newbe

Dan.Askew at jmsmucker.com Dan.Askew at jmsmucker.com
Fri Jul 20 14:19:03 UTC 2007

Ok Here is what I did to get it working:

used RHCS to manage the cluster services
used CLVM  to manage the LVM metadata across cluster
        Coded a "locking_type = 3" in the LVM.CONF file

Used OCFS2 to cluster and manage the filesystems across cluster.

Configuration is

2 node cluster runing nfs

vitural IPAddr service to allow clients to mount the drives via NFS

All appears to be working fine. I can fail over the services manually or
even boot a server and the failover works great.

Now the big question....is this supported by redhat and oracle ...hmmmm

Thanks to all who helped get this working...