[Linux-cluster] MySQL Failover / Failback

Robert Gil Robert.Gil at americanhm.com
Thu Jul 26 20:21:14 UTC 2007

I had figured this out a while back and forgot to post back to the list.
The steps are as follows

Create a child script to the virtual ip to check whether mysql is up.
Have mysql NOT start on boot.

With these two things done. When the vip fails over, it will not fail
back because mysql wont be up.

Rob Gil
Linux Systems Administrator
American Home Mortgage