[Linux-cluster] correct cvs branch to use w/ 2.6.19.7?

David Teigland teigland at redhat.com
Thu Jun 7 14:36:30 UTC 2007

On Thu, Jun 07, 2007 at 10:26:06AM -0400, Christopher Barry wrote:
> Greetings List,
>
> Can someone recommend the best kernel/cvs branch combo to compile? I'm
> running kernel.org 2.6.19.7 on an otherwise stock RHEL4UD4 box, and
> cannot get STABLE or HEAD to compile. I have followed the instructions
> in usage.txt, installing openais and the latest udev (v112). I'd like to
> keep this kernel if possible.

The RHEL4 branch is probably the closest you'll get.  You may still need
to do some hacking to get it to build depending how different your kernel
is from RHEL4's.

Also, we're talking about the older generation of cluster code here, so
you should follow this version of the usage:
  http://sources.redhat.com/cluster/doc/usage.txt

(which uses cman-kernel; openais is only relevant to the RHEL5 generation
of the code which would require a much newer kernel)

Dave