[Linux-cluster] dlm service is not stopping

Patrick Caulfield pcaulfie at redhat.com
Thu Jun 14 07:56:05 UTC 2007

Panigrahi, Santosh Kumar wrote:
> You are absolutely right.
>
> There are around 5 process starting name with dlm_* are running. I am
> also not able to kill these processes by (kill -9 pid). So each time, I
> am rebooting this node on facing this dlm problem. Please suggest me
> some other way to kill these processes.

You can't kill those processes, they are DLM kernel threads. You need to shut
down any 'real' processes that are using the DLM, then they will go away.

--
Patrick

Registered Address: Red Hat UK Ltd, Amberley Place, 107-111 Peascod Street,
Windsor, Berkshire, SL4 ITE, UK.
Registered in England and Wales under Company Registration No. 3798903