[Linux-cluster] RH Cluster Suit can be used to create a qmail cluster?

Rainer Duffner rainer at ultra-secure.de
Wed Jun 20 08:19:00 UTC 2007

Roger Peña wrote:

> backend for what? for user data?

Yes.
It's a rather important question, IMO.

> you are thinking about maildir advantages? yeap, I
> know that with maildir you will not have locking
> problems (practical meaning although there is a
> teorical chance :-) )
> but I was thinking in FS cache, default config for
> ext3 are not  suitable, maybe I should go into the
> tunning ext3 area but .... I thought GFS will take
> care of FS sincronization more easy than tunning ext3
> to not make cache or just do it for little time

I'm not sure what you mean here.

> good to know it :-)
> I will be looking for this problem :-)

Rather, problems tend to look for you ;-)

> another requisite for the solution:
> the OS has to be RHEL, RHEL5 as the preferred

It's just that RHEL doesn't offer most of the needed software
out-of-the-box (apart from the ldap-client).
And even if it does, you need to recompile it yourself, because it needs
other compilation-options.

> I guess few hundreds of thousands but I hope not 500k,
> maybe 200k or 300k
> I know this is an important data to be uncertain but
> as I said I am in the process of finding potentials
> problems yet :-) in the next few days-weeks I will
> have more deep understand of the environment

300k would be still OK for a shared storage.
What kind of SAN do you have?

cheers,
Rainer