[Linux-cluster] Diskless Quorum Disk

Lon Hohberger lhh at redhat.com
Wed Jun 20 21:44:08 UTC 2007

On Wed, Jun 20, 2007 at 11:55:52AM -0500, Chris Harms wrote:
> I'm interested in using qdisk heuristics to circumvent a fencing duel in
> my two node cluster, however I have no shared storage so I'm mostly
> interested in network tests.  The FAQ indicates "You don't have to use a
> disk or partition to get this functionality." however Conga complains
> about not setting a device or label, and errors when I enter a dummy
> label.

The FAQ is incorrect probably because of context; I'll clarify it.  You
don't need to use *qdiskd* to prevent a 'fence duel' in the case that the
cluster is configured in the following way:

http://sources.redhat.com/cluster/faq.html#two_node_correct

... however, support for "diskless mode" is not implemented.  File a
bugzilla / feature request so we can track it?

> To what should I set the device / label if I just want to ping the
> gateway for example?

You can't right now; it uses the quorum partition to converge on things
and do voting.