[Linux-cluster] Diskless Quorum Disk

Chris Harms chris at cmiware.com
Fri Jun 22 23:43:53 UTC 2007

Lon, thank you for the response.  It appears that what I thought was a
fence duel, was actually the cluster fencing the proper node and DRBD
halting the surviving node after a split brain scenario.  (Have some
work to do on my drbd.conf obviously.)  After the fenced node revived,
it saw that the other was unresponsive (it had been halted) and then
fenced it; in this case inducing it to power on.

Our DRAC shares the NICs with the host.  We will probably hack on the
DRAC fence script a little to take advantage of some other features
available besides doing a poweroff poweron.

Using two_node=1 may be an option again, but then the FAQ indicates the
quorum disk might still be beneficial.  Using a loop device didn't seem
to go so well, but that could be due to configuration error.  Having one
node not see the qdisk is probably an automatic test failure.

Thanks again,
Chris