[Linux-cluster] Cluster service restarting

David Schroeder David.Schroeder at flinders.edu.au
Wed Jun 20 23:58:48 UTC 2007

Hi,

We have been running web and database clusters successfully for several
years on RHEL 3 and 4 and we now have one of each on RHEL 5.

The setup is very straight forward, 2 nodes active/active with one
running the webserver the other the databases.

We have found the services restart in place regularly, up to 2 or 3
times a day sometimes. The cause is the Failure to ping one or another
of the clustered service IP addresses and is evident from the log
entries. This happens less frequently on the database server with one
clustered interface than it does with the webserver that has 5. The
failure to ping that is reported in the logs for the webserver is not
always on the same IP address and it seems quite random in time and
which in which IP address it reports is at fault. There are no load
related issues as this is still in the testing stage.

I have turned the "Monitor Link" setting off and it still happens.

Are there any settings that will increase the timeout as I'm sure the
interface does not go down.

Any other pointers or suggestions?

Thanks
--