[Linux-cluster] Redhat cluster limits

laurent laule75 at yahoo.fr
Wed Jun 27 15:42:17 UTC 2007

Hello,

I'm trying to test extensively redhat Cluster Suite and GFS  in order to replace eventually Veritas cluster products.

Unfortunately,  we've
experienced problems  when we try to play with a big number of
filesystems and services (around 100) ==>  high CPU consumption to
monitor resources, memory allocation problems when creating lot of
logical volumes, etc. ;

Have you ever experienced such kind of issues ?

would be glad to ear any feedback from people who have carried out some
stress tests on the redhat cluster suites (maximum number of
services/resources created, max number of volume group and logical
volumes, etc etc...)

Kind regards

Laurent