[Linux-cluster] Redhat cluster limits

Bob Peterson rpeterso at redhat.com
Wed Jun 27 16:29:20 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-06-27 at 15:42 +0000, laurent wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to test extensively redhat Cluster Suite and GFS  in order
> to replace eventually Veritas cluster products.
>
> Unfortunately,  we've experienced problems  when we try to play with a
> big number of filesystems and services (around 100) ==>  high CPU
> consumption to monitor resources, memory allocation problems when
> creating lot of logical volumes, etc. ;
>
> Have you ever experienced such kind of issues ?
>
> I would be glad to ear any feedback from people who have carried out
> some stress tests on the redhat cluster suites (maximum number of
> services/resources created, max number of volume group and logical
> volumes, etc etc...)
>
> Kind regards
>
> Laurent

Hi Laurent,

What version of cluster suite/RHEL/Centos/etc., are you using?
I suggest opening up bugzillas against each of the problems you've seen.

I can't speak for Red Hat or any other developer, but my take is this:
Rather than ask if cluster suite can do the job, let's get the
problems solved so it can do the job.
If there's a problem, we want to hear about them.  If we need to
fix the code, that makes it better for everyone to use.

Regards,

Bob Peterson
Red Hat Cluster Suite