[Linux-cluster] RHEL Problem: Can't access LUNS

Roger Peña orkcu at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 1 23:55:14 UTC 2007

--- "isplist at logicore.net" <isplist at logicore.net>
wrote:

> Is there anyone on this list who can make a
> suggestion to RH??? I've been
> asking about this for some time now and have no idea
> where to turn.
>
> I've been working with Qlogic on my LUN problem for
> a couple of weeks or so. I
> posted asking about this here but it seems that
> there aren't any answers here
> either.
>
> The problem is that I need to install RHEL on fibre
> channel storage volumes. I
> cannot find a way of doing this from the installer.
> Once the OS is installed I
> can see them but that's of little use.
>
> In order to see the volumes which I need to gain
> access to, I need to install
> RHEL and then do the following;
>
> Edit /etc/modprobe.conf
> options scsi_mod max_luns=256
> dev_flags=INLINE:TF200:0x242
> mkinitrd -f /boot/initrd-`uname -r`.img `uname -r`
> Reboot;

I insist that you can get the expected result _if_ you
type _exactly_ the _right_ line in the boot promp line
and according to this document:

http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/gregkh/lkn/lkn_pdf/ch09.pdf

what you have to writte is a litle modification of
what you type in the modprobe.conf file
maybe something like:
scsi_mod.max_luns=256
scsi_mod.scsi_dev_flags=INLINE:TF200:0x242

man, you have to test it, try and error approach maybe

cu
roger

RedHat Certified Engineer ( RHCE )
Cisco Certified Network Associate ( CCNA )