[Linux-cluster] FAQ: How do I change the time after which a non-responsive node is considered dead?

Maciej Bogucki maciej.bogucki at artegence.com
Tue Mar 13 15:51:16 UTC 2007

Hello,

In the FAQ we have:

---cut---
Just add deadnode_timer="value" to the cman section in your cluster.conf
file. For example:

<cman deadnode_timer="21">

The default value is 21 seconds.
---cut---

Do I need to restart cman for the changes to take effect?

When i propagate the cluster.conf file to a running cluster I still have
old values in /proc/ but cluster.conf in updated.

# cat /proc/cluster/config/cman/deadnode_timeout
21
# grep dead /etc/cluster/cluster.conf
        <cman expected_votes="1" two_node="1" deadnode_timeout="120"
hello_timer="10"/>
#

Best Regards
Maciej Bogucki