[Linux-cluster] fence_apc 7930s

James Parsons jparsons at redhat.com
Mon May 14 21:02:26 UTC 2007

Eric Schneider wrote:

>I can get the python version to work with a single apc device.  However, I
>cannot get it, or any other fence_apc, to work with multiple apc 7930s.  Is
>this even possible???

What do you mean by multiple 7930s...do you mean daisy-chained together?
Like a Master Switch Plus APC switch? I cn find no info on the site for
ganging these switches.

There are 24 outlets in this beast, though.

If you have multiple apc 7930s, you could just set up each one with its
own address, and make each one a fencedevice. Granted, you can't really
shut down all (or a combo of) outlets on all switches with one command -
but is that really what you need to do?

Are you trying to, say, turn off outlet 2 and outlet 4 on one switch at
the same time? This can be done either by outlet grouping using the apc
interface, or by using two <device> entries within one <method> block in
the conf file...in fact, s-c-cluster will detect this condition and make
certain that they are both off before turning either one back on.

Are you trying to turn off outlet 2 on ap 7931 - switch1, at the same
time as outlet 2 on ap 7930 - switch2? The only way to do this is to set
them up in the same method block as described above.

Is this helping? I am sorry if I am missing your point...:/

-J