[Linux-cluster] fence_apc 7930s

Eric Kerin eric at bootseg.com
Tue May 15 13:18:08 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-05-14 at 17:02 -0400, James Parsons wrote:
> Are you trying to, say, turn off outlet 2 and outlet 4 on one switch at
> the same time? This can be done either by outlet grouping using the apc
> interface, or by using two <device> entries within one <method> block in
> the conf file...in fact, s-c-cluster will detect this condition and make
> certain that they are both off before turning either one back on.

Are you sure outlet grouping works correctly for fencing?  In the quick
testing I was doing, if you set outlet grouping for a set of ports, you
aren't assured that all ports in the group on other network switches got
turned off before it returns if there is a network issue.

The quick test I did was to unplug the network on one APC, and instruct
the other to turn off the group.  The one with the network unplugged
never turned off it's port and the one I instructed never mentioned
anything about not being able to turn off the other switch's port.  The
port group worked perfect when the network cables were both plugged in.

Thanks,
Eric Kerin
eric at bootseg.com