[Linux-cluster] problem about using clvm, gnbd on node

zheng hailiang hl_zh at yahoo.com
Thu May 24 03:19:09 UTC 2007

Maybe this is a simple problem, I want to use GFS,clvm,gnbd on 2 node and 2 gnbd svr  with the following configuration:

        node1                          node2                   (RH AS4_up4_x86_64)
        GFS                             GFS
         LV                                LV                         -- CLVM
         VG                               VG
   +--------------+                   +--------------+
    PV1    PV2                    PV1    PV2
   gnbd1 gnbd2                  gnbd1  gnbd2         <-- gnbd_import -n
    |          |                           |          |
            |                       |
          gnbd-svr1           gnbd-svr2                     <-- gnbd_serv -n / gnbd_export -c

I have imported two gnbd to two node successfully. then I run pvcreate/vgcreate/lvcreate on node1.
but after the lvcreate,  the LV can not be activated.
I got these message from screen what I try to activate it:

[root at gfs-node02 ~]# lvscan
  ACTIVE            '/dev/VolGroup00/LogVol00' [29.31 GB] inherit
  ACTIVE            '/dev/VolGroup00/LogVol01' [19.53 GB] inherit
  ACTIVE            '/dev/VolGroup00/LogVol02' [1.97 GB] inherit
  inactive          '/dev/fwtest/gfslvm0' [29.30 GB] inherit
[root at gfs-node02 ~]#
[root at gfs-node02 ~]# vgchange -aly
  3 logical volume(s) in volume group "VolGroup00" now active
  Error locking on node gfs-node02: Internal lvm error, check syslog
  0 logical volume(s) in volume group "fwtest" now active

from /var/log/messages I got this message:
May 24 14:28:16 gfs-node02 lvm[2091]: Volume group for uuid not found: Ig1uv8BfUM2O8evJaElajLkwlBtZpKQjB270BbnvCgf7aP4QeYB1V810UKKdvakB

Please tell me what's wrong with my configuration if you know. Thank you very much.