[Linux-cluster] Can telnet or ssh be a clustered service?

Jos Vos jos at xos.nl
Thu May 24 15:30:52 UTC 2007

On Thu, May 24, 2007 at 11:25:06AM -0400, Neil Watson wrote:

> I don't think there are any specific options for services.  You simple
> select the init script.  If it follows the standard start/stop/status
> paradigm then it will work.

Be aware that pre-RHEL5 scripts do not work correctly when you "stop"
an already stopped service: they should exit with zero, but they do
exit with a non-zero return code.

RH decided not to fix this bug during a release because of the
incompatible behavior that may break existing scripts.

So, you might need to write a small wrapper-script for this.

--
--    Jos Vos <jos at xos.nl>