[Linux-cluster] /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lccs RHEL4

Steve Maddison s.maddison at greenvalley.nl
Tue May 29 08:03:48 UTC 2007

Anuj Singh wrote:
> Hi,
> I used cvs to get the source for cluster on rhel4.
> cvs -d :pserver:cvs at sources.redhat.com:/cvs/cluster checkout -r RHEL4
> cluster
>
> i have this error while installation.
> cd qdisk && make install
> make[2]: Entering directory `/root/cluster/cman/qdisk'
> gcc -o qdiskd disk.o crc32.o disk_util.o main.o score.o bitmap.o
> clulog.o gettid.o proc.o daemon_init.o ../lib/libcman.a -lpthread
> -L../lib -lccs
> /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lccs
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make[2]: *** [qdiskd] Error 1
> make[2]: Leaving directory `/root/cluster/cman/qdisk'
> make[1]: *** [install] Error 2
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/cluster/cman'
> make: *** [all] Error 2

Hi Anuj,

I've come across this one myself. According to my (now rather dated)
notes, you'd need to edit /usr/src/cluster/cman/qdisk/Makefile thus:

qdiskd: disk.o crc32.o disk_util.o main.o score.o bitmap.o clulog.o \
        gettid.o proc.o ../lib/libcman.a
        gcc -o $@ $^ -lpthread -L../../ccs/lib -lccs
                                   ^^^^^^^
Unfortunately I didn't note the line number, but you should be able to
find it. Of course, as you're likely working with a different version,
you may need make some adjustments - the main thing is that the ccs/lib
directory is referenced properly, relative to cluster/cman/qdisk.

Incidentally, these same notes suggest the following is needed for a
clean build:

cd /usr/src/cluster
export KERNEL_SRC=/usr/src/linux
./configure --kernel_src=$KERNEL_SRC