[Linux-cluster] GFS RG size (and tuning)

Wendy Cheng wcheng at redhat.com
Fri Nov 2 20:12:39 UTC 2007

Wendy Cheng wrote:
>>> 2. The gfs_scand issue is more to do with the number of glock count.
>>> One way to tune this is via purge_glock tunable. There is an old
>>> write-up in:
>>> http://people.redhat.com/wcheng/Patches/GFS/readme.gfs_glock_trimming.R4
>>> . It is for RHEL4 but should work the same way for RHEL5.
Sorry, you apparently mis-understood what I meant about "work the same
way as in RHEL5". The logic and tunable setting are identical but the
code (patch) itself will have to depend on individual RHEL release and
update versions.

Also I read your previous mailing list post with "df" issue - didn't
have time to comment. Note that both RHEL 4.6 and RHEL 5.1 will have a
"fast_statfs" tunable that is specifically added to speed up the "df"
command. Give it a try. If it works well, we'll switch it from a tunable
to default (so people don't have to suffer from GFS1's df command so much).

-- Wendy