[Linux-cluster] SSL Server vs SSL/Apache on cluster

isplist at logicore.net isplist at logicore.net
Wed Nov 7 18:32:40 UTC 2007

How are you dealing with SSL on your web server cluster?

I have an apache web cluster using GFS central storage in place and I need to
add SSL to the services. I also happen to have SSL servers already installed
(not in use currently) at the top of my network.

I then have LVS load balancing in front of the web cluster.

I cannot centralize the SSL services since there are too many so wonder how I
might handle SSL on the web cluster? Do I need an SSL cert on each server or
have others done this in other ways?

Thanks for your input on this.

Mike