[Linux-cluster] fence_apc snmp question

Amit Schreiber gnobal at gmail.com
Tue Nov 20 10:06:18 UTC 2007

Hi,

I tried to use the fence_apc_snmp script from here:
http://sources.redhat.com/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/cluster/fence/agents/apc/?cvsroot=cluster
and it works with my AP7954 APC switch (software version 3.5.5).

My question is: with the SNMP version of the script, is it possible to
prevent a race to the APC device by both nodes? With the telnet
version, the first node to reach the fence device would block the
other node out. I realize that the fence device should be on the same
network path as the nodes, but still a theoretical condition exists
where both nodes cannot communicate between them but still manage to
reach the fence device.

Thanks,
Amit