[Linux-cluster] I give up

Marcos David marcos.david at efacec.pt
Thu Nov 29 17:37:05 UTC 2007

Scott Becker wrote:
> jr wrote:
>> from my understanding a failover domain is required whenever you want
>> other nodes to take over a service. the subset is if you make it
>> restricted, isn't it?
>> regards,
>> johanne
> From:
> https://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/enterprise/RHEL-5-manual/en-US/RHEL510/Cluster_Administration/s1-config-failover-domain-conga-CA.html
>
> "Failover domains are /not/ required for operation."
>
>     scottb

Not required doesn't mean not necessary for your particular situation.....

This tip/note was added with version 4.5.
I'm using 4.4 on almost all (two-node) clusters, except one that has
version 4.5.
They all have failover domains and are working fine....

I think we should wait for some feedback from the developers, since they
know the software a lot better and can explain this situation to greater
extent...

Greets,
Marcos David