[Linux-cluster] crossover cables

André Fernandes andreezer at gmail.com
Thu Oct 18 15:19:33 UTC 2007

Well, it should be a simple setup.

Let's assume that your nodes have 2 ethernet interfaces and 1 management
interface (iLO for example). you will need 2 crossover cables for this.
You plug in eth0 on each node to your network.
Then, you plug eth1 on each machine to the other machine's management
interface via crossover cable.
Finally, you assign static IPs to the eth1 and the management interfaces
(something like eth1 = 10.0.0.1 and iLO = 10.0.0.2).
Then configure fencing as desired.

However, this setup will make it impossible to use the management interfaces
for other nifty purposes...