[Linux-cluster] crossover cables

Josh Gray jgray at nicusa.com
Thu Oct 18 15:27:16 UTC 2007

Does the cluster then automatically use the xover interface for cluster
communication?  Do you have to specify it somewhere?

Josh

On 10/18/07 11:19 AM, "André Fernandes" <andreezer at gmail.com> wrote:

> Well, it should be a simple setup.
>
> Let's assume that your nodes have 2 ethernet interfaces and 1 management
> interface (iLO for example). you will need 2 crossover cables for this.
> You plug in eth0 on each node to your network.
> Then, you plug eth1 on each machine to the other machine's management
> interface via crossover cable.
> Finally, you assign static IPs to the eth1 and the management interfaces
> (something like eth1 = 10.0.0.1 <http://10.0.0.1>  and iLO = 10.0.0.2
> <http://10.0.0.2> ).
> Then configure fencing as desired.
>
> However, this setup will make it impossible to use the management interfaces
> for other nifty purposes...
>
> On 10/18/07, Eric Schneider <eschneid at uccs.edu> wrote:
>> Does anyone have a good how-to on using a crossover cable with a cluster?  I
>> have looked a little bit and I can only find mention of the capability.
>>
>> I already have the nodes plugged into our normal network.
>>
>> Eric
>>

>> --

Josh Gray
Systems Administrator
NIC, Inc

Email: jgray at nicusa.com
Desk/Mobile: 913-221-1520

"Talent is cheaper than table salt.
 What separates the talented individual
 from the successful one is a lot of hard work."
- Stephen King