[Linux-cluster] Is there a fencing agent I can use for iscsi ?(GFS and iSCSI)

Maciej Bogucki maciej.bogucki at artegence.com
Fri Apr 4 10:28:53 UTC 2008

jr napisał(a):
>> I was wondering if anyone has written a iscsi fencing agent that I could use. I saw one written in perl that ssh'd into the node and added an iptables entry in order to fence the server from the iscsi target. It was from 2004 and didn't run correctly on my machine.  Does anyone have any ideas? Or should I try and salvage the one I found and fix it up? Thanks.
>
> if you need to use it (as suggested in that other reply), i'd make sure
> it doesn't connect to a node but to the iSCSI target and adds the
> firewall rules there :) or even better if you have a managed switch in
> between where you can simply disable the ethernet port (or even better,
> have iSCSI on a separate vlan and remove the port from that vlan) via an
> ssh script or maybe snmp or whatever.
> enjoy,

Another option is fencing via power device fe. fence_apc, fence_apc_snmp
but You would need tu but APC hardware. Fenceing via fence_ilo,
fence_rsa. fence_ipmilan is the option if You would have IBM, Dell or HP
servers. You could also try fence_scsi without any costs, but it doesn't
works if You had multipath configuration.

Best Regards
Maciej Bogucki