[Linux-cluster] iptables rules for LVS-DR cluster

Johannes Russek johannes.russek at io-consulting.net
Sat Apr 5 00:20:38 UTC 2008

we use this together with firewall mark rule in lvs-DR (piranha) and
scheduler "rr" and persistent = 20:

-A PREROUTING -d $VIP-i eth0 -p tcp -m tcp --dport 10000:20000 -j MARK
--set-mark 0x14
-A PREROUTING -d $VIP -i eth0 -p tcp -m tcp --dport 20 -j MARK
--set-mark 0x14
-A PREROUTING -d $VIP -i eth0 -p tcp -m tcp --dport 21 -j MARK
--set-mark 0x14

also vsftpd.conf is configured with

pasv_min_port=10000
pasv_max_port=20000

hope this helps?
regards,
johannes

p.s.: of course the main firewall has to open the appropiate ports as well