[Linux-cluster] iptables rules for LVS-DR cluster

John Garrity jgarrity at qualcomm.com
Sat Apr 5 18:04:33 UTC 2008

Question: how did you set the scheduler to "n"?

I don't see a choice for "none" in Piranha and I tried manually editing /etc/sysconfig/ha/lvs.cf with no luck. Even when I commented out the scheduler field it seems to default to wlc.

Basically, I'm not sure that it's my iptables rules that are giving me a problem. Maybe it's what Christopher mentions below? How would I remove port 20 from LVS?

I tried using a firewall mark of 20 and have Piranha configured to use 21 as the application port. I can ftp to the real servers using their real IPs but ftps to the VIP fail with the error on the ftp client "An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host."

Persistence is set to 20

Here are the iptables rules I'm using

# service iptables status
Table: mangle
Chain PREROUTING (policy ACCEPT)
num  target     prot opt source               destination
1    MARK       tcp  --  0.0.0.0/0            VIP         tcp dpts:10000:20000 MARK set 0x14
2    MARK       tcp  --  0.0.0.0/0            VIP         tcp dpt:20 MARK set 0x14
3    MARK       tcp  --  0.0.0.0/0            VIP         tcp dpt:21 MARK set 0x14

Chain INPUT (policy ACCEPT)
num  target     prot opt source               destination

Chain FORWARD (policy ACCEPT)
num  target     prot opt source               destination

Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT)
num  target     prot opt source               destination

Chain POSTROUTING (policy ACCEPT)
num  target     prot opt source               destination

Table: filter
Chain INPUT (policy ACCEPT)
num  target     prot opt source               destination
1    ACCEPT     tcp  --  0.0.0.0/0            0.0.0.0             tcp spts:1:65535 dpts:1:65535