[Linux-cluster] Severe problems with 64-bit RHCS on RHEL5.1

jr johannes.russek at io-consulting.net
Thu Apr 17 09:32:43 UTC 2008

Am Donnerstag, den 17.04.2008, 12:28 +0300 schrieb Harri Päiväniemi:
> Well,
>
> I don't have any mistakes with firewalls, hosts, names, ip's etc. This
> is a fact. Communication itself works. Maby it sounds strange when I say
> I don't have mistakes, but this time it's true ;)
>
> In this case cluster should gain quorum and start running services on
> node a (it has 2 votes (node-vote + qdisk-vote).
>
> It should fence node b first, because it doesn't know where it is.
>
> So this behaviour is wrong.
>
> -hjp

i think something is wrong here, like the expected votes or similiar. if
the one node had 2 votes and those were the expected votes, it would
maintain quorum and thus fence the other node. that connection refused
error seems to say that that node doesn't have the quorum nonetheless.
can you confirm that? (clustat should show you if that node is quorate
or not)
regards,
johannes