[Linux-cluster] NFS Issue in Cluster??

Singh Raina, Ajeet ajeet.singh.raina at logica.com
Thu Aug 14 12:32:41 UTC 2008

Hello Guys,

I have a doubt and I hope you people gonna Help me with.
I have been stucked with including NFS Resource and Services.
Let me tell you....I want to run NFS Service on one of the red hat
cluster node .ON failover to the second cluster node the NFS should come
up.
But I donno why the way to configure that has been so complicated
written.
All I can see is:

[code]
1.	NFS Mount
		Name - Create a symbolic name for the NFS mount.
		Mount Point - Choose the path to which the file system
resource is mounted.
		Host - Specify the NFS server name.
		Export Path - NFS export on the server.
		NFS version - Specify NFS protocol:
o	NFS3 - Specifies using NFSv3 protocol. The default setting is
NFS.
o	NFS4 - Specifies using NFSv4 protocol.
		Options - Mount options. For more information, refer to
the nfs(5) man page.
		Force Unmount checkbox - If checked, forces the file
system to unmount. The default setting is unchecked. Force Unmount kills
all processes using the mount point to free up the mount when it tries
to unmount.
			NFS Client
		Name - Enter a name for the NFS client resource.
		Target - Enter a target for the NFS client resource.
Supported targets are hostnames, IP addresses (with wild-card support),
and netgroups.
		Options - Additional client access rights. For more
information, refer to the exports(5) man page, General Options
				NFS Export
		Name - Enter a name for the NFS export resource.
Please Help me understanding what's the difference between NFS Mount,NFS
Export and NFS Client in this context.
I just want to do failover ie. When one node has NFS running then on
being stopped NFS Should be starting at the other end.

Pls Help