[Linux-cluster] VMware over GFS?

Tiago Cruz tiagocruz at forumgdh.net
Fri Dec 12 17:25:44 UTC 2008

Hello Mike,

I'm doing this implementation too. The problem is fence_vmware, 'cause:

- Not exist officially on Red Hat
- This unofficial fence_vmware (perl) don't compile on x86_64
http://www.tournament.org.il/run/?p=140
http://sources.redhat.com/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/cluster/fence/agents/vmware/fence_vmware.pl?cvsroot=cluster

- I'll be exist on Tech Preview on RHEL 5.3 (phyton), but is not
cluster-aware
http://www.press.redhat.com/2008/10/29/red-hat-delivers-red-hat-enterprise-linux-53-beta/

The problem is when one Physical Machine goes down. Fence of Virtual
Machines works very well using any fence_vmware.