[Linux-cluster] VMware over GFS?

lists at grounded.net lists at grounded.net
Fri Dec 12 20:04:02 UTC 2008

Hi, thanks for the reply.

> The problem is when one Physical Machine goes down. Fence of Virtual
> Machines works very well using any fence_vmware.

In the past, I've used my fibre channel switch as the fencing mechanism. It was more complex than I would have liked, too many fencing problems preventing things from working well. I wondered if things had changed a bit since that time, about 6 to 12 months ago.

Are you saying that other than this fencing problem, you have this working with VMware and it's working well? If so, which VMware product are you using? I'm currently using VMware Server 2.0 and was looking at going to the ESX server.

Mike