[Linux-cluster] cluster.conf not updated

Sven Carstens s.carstens at gmx.de
Thu Dec 18 14:51:09 UTC 2008

Am Donnerstag, 18. Dezember 2008 15:37:27 schrieb Chrissie Caulfield:
> Sven Carstens wrote:
> > After such an update the cluster is inoperable and clustat shows
> > ---------------------------------------
> > Timed out waiting for a response from Resource Group Manager
> > Cluster Status for wmh_cluster @ Thu Dec 18 15:23:29 2008
> > Member Status: Quorate
> >
> >  Member Name                                                     ID
> > Status ------ ----
> > ---- ------ wmh01
> >       1 Online, Local wmh02
> >                 2 Online ---------------------------------------

> It's hard to tell what's going on, You'll need to post the before after
> cluster.conf file and say what you expect to see. Not all changes in
> cluster.conf take effect on a running cluster.

Only the config_version is incremented by one.

<cluster alias="wmh_cluster" config_version="28" name="wmh_cluster">
<cluster alias="wmh_cluster" config_version="29" name="wmh_cluster">

As the rgmanager is not responding anymore
> > Timed out waiting for a response from Resource Group Manager
no services on the cluster will be failed over or restarted.

Once the cluster.conf is in a final, stable form with all services included
this won't be a problem. Unless I have to add a service later on and
have to bring down the whole cluster to update the config file.

CU Sven