[Linux-cluster] Last tuning on Quorum Disk / question

Alain Moulle Alain.Moulle at bull.net
Fri Jan 4 08:02:58 UTC 2008

Hi Lon,

Finally, I adopt this quorum disk configuration :

<quorumd interval="1" label="QDISK0" min_score="1" tko="10" votes="1">
       <heuristic interval=2 tko="3" program="ping -t1 -c1 172.21.1.12" score=1/>
      <heuristic interval=2 program="ping -t3 -c1 172.21.1.12" score=1/>
</quorumd>

I just wonder if the interval values for quorum disk with regard to
the one for heuristic is the best choice or not ?

And which are the rules to fit the good value for interval and tko
on heuristic ? (I don't completely understand why your both heuristics
avoids suicide if one ping get lots, it seems to be due to tko value
but ... )

Thanks
Regards
And best whiches for 2008 ;-)