[Linux-cluster] fence_apc - Perl based CLI version

Steffen Plotner swplotner at amherst.edu
Tue Jan 8 21:44:05 UTC 2008

Hi,

I currently use a different method of fencing in our clusters (using
iscsi ietd and iptables currently), however we have the APC7900 PDUs and
do control them using SNMP:

Use SNMP set commands to turn off and on the ports:

snmpset -c <password> <host>
PowerNet-MIB::rPDUOutletControlOutletCommand.<port> i 2

The 'i' refers to an integer and the digit 2 means to power off the
port.

That has worked very reliably.

Steffen