[Linux-cluster] iSCSI GFS

Gordan Bobic gordan at bobich.net
Wed Jan 30 23:06:34 UTC 2008

isplist at logicore.net wrote:
> I have a device which has storage connected to it which is exporting in NFS.
>
> I can connect to it from any server but I'd like the aggregator to see it and
> offer it as part of it's virtual RAID array we talked about.
>
> Is there a way of RE-exporting an NFS share through the aggregator or am I
> overlooking something?

I'm not 100% certain, but I don't think that would work sensibly. The
lack of sane POSIX locking might kill that plan. You could try it,
though. Create a file on the NFS share and point the iSCSI initiator at
it. See what happens, but make sure you stress test it VERY thoroughly
with data you don't mind losing. Can you not get the said device to
export an NBD or an iSCSI share? That would likely work better.

Gordan