[Linux-cluster] heartbeat over 2 NICs - Hi Christine

sunhux G sunhux at gmail.com
Wed Jun 4 10:49:24 UTC 2008

Hi Christine,

I could have searched Redhat knowledgebase but thought would
be easier if I clarify here.   We plan to cluster two RHES, server A
& server B (on Ver 5.1AP)

a)besides the regular network port for the usual network traffic,
   we only need one additional network port per server to set up
   the clustering, is this right?

b)what if we want to use 2 network ports, then we have to bond
   the two network ports on server A & the two network ports on
   server B - is this right?

c)anything we need to do on the Cisco switch's ports end? We
   are using Cisco 6513

Thanks