[Linux-cluster] Disabling cman at boot

Kadlecsik Jozsef kadlec at sunserv.kfki.hu
Wed Jun 18 08:23:55 UTC 2008

On Wed, 18 Jun 2008, Federico Simoncelli wrote:

> Let's assume that I need to boot a fenced node and I want to skip the
> cluster services to avoid possible problems (such as long waits,
> fences in a two-nodes configuration, etc...). Is there any way to
> accomplish this?
> Do you think adding a boot parameter (eg: nocluster) could be a good
> solution? We should modify the init file for cman to check the
> presence of that parameter and skip the start process if present.

We use exactly the same method to specify how to boot a machine:

a. start GFS services and mount volumes (default)
b. start GFS services but do not mount GFS volumes and do not start any
   services relying on them (failsafe mode for gfs_fsck)
c. do not start GFS services at all

Best regards,
Jozsef
E-mail : kadlec at mail.kfki.hu, kadlec at blackhole.kfki.hu
PGP key: http://www.kfki.hu/~kadlec/pgp_public_key.txt
Address: KFKI Research Institute for Particle and Nuclear Physics
         H-1525 Budapest 114, POB. 49, Hungary