[Linux-cluster] Disabling cman at boot

Federico Simoncelli federico.simoncelli at gmail.com
Wed Jun 18 13:55:36 UTC 2008

On Wed, Jun 18, 2008 at 10:23 AM, Kadlecsik Jozsef
<kadlec at sunserv.kfki.hu> wrote:
> On Wed, 18 Jun 2008, Federico Simoncelli wrote:
>> Do you think adding a boot parameter (eg: nocluster) could be a good
>> solution? We should modify the init file for cman to check the
>> presence of that parameter and skip the start process if present.
>
> We use exactly the same method to specify how to boot a machine:

Do you think we can find a common solution and propose a patch upstream?
Having a boot parameter (eg: nocluster) to skip cman at boot would be
useful in your case or you really need something more specific to GFS?
Skipping cman would prevent any other cluster service to start (GFS too).

--
Federico.