[Linux-cluster] GFS2 Quota File Error

Steven Lee shl1 at cac.cornell.edu
Mon Mar 10 20:17:40 UTC 2008

Hi,

I'm trying to turn on quota on a GFS2 file system.  The cluster has 2
nodes with 2 EMC SAN storage units.  The nodes are running RHEL 5.1.

When I initialize the quota file using:

gfs2_quota init -f /export/gfs02

I would get the following warning:

warning: quota file size not a multiple of struct gfs2_quota

Warning: This filesystem doesn't seem to have the new quota list
format or the quota list is corrupt. list, check and init operation
performance will suffer due to this. It is recommended that you run
the 'gfs2_quota reset' operation to reset the quota file. All current
quota information will be lost and you will have to reassign all quota
limits and warnings

I've tried the "gfs2_quota reset" and then "gfs2_quota init" commands,
but still got the warning.  I've looked through RedHat GFS
documentation and googled for gfs2.  Very little information seems to
be available.

Any help is appreciated.  Thanks!

Steven Lee
shl1 at cac.cornell.edu