[Linux-cluster] ZEN with GFS

isplist at logicore.net isplist at logicore.net
Tue Mar 11 18:47:12 UTC 2008

Thanks for all the input on this.

> I'm not sure how many people have tried both simultaneously - that is, I
> don't know if GFS on the dom0 machines has been used to host a GFS image
> on the domU machines; when I did shared-images between domUs, it was on
> ext3 on a single machine (dom0s were not clustered).

Unfortunately, I've not used ZEN yet so don't know the terms but can guess. My
hope has always been to move my physical machines to virtual machines in that
none would require their own hard drives, perhaps a small boot flash drive,
then use central storage.

Before I start however, I'm just trying to get a sense of what it is I
can/should work towards. If each VM requires it's own independent file, then I
guess I don't need GFS for the boot images. I can however use GFS for their
shared storage.

Mike