[Linux-cluster] best way to mount gfs/gfs2?

Lon Hohberger lhh at redhat.com
Tue Mar 18 14:45:44 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-03-18 at 12:03 +0100, Maurizio Rottin wrote:

> > It's better to just use /etc/fstab and chkconfig --add the gfs/gfs2 init script...

> but in this way i don't get a monitor service which tells me if gfs is failed.
> Plus if i want the ftp server to stay up only if the gfs is up and
> fail if gfs goes down?

What you suggested would work fine.

Note that the clusterfs agent primarily ensures that the file sys is
mounted and in the right place.

Other failures (loss of quorum, node death) are handled elsewhere.

Also, putting GFS in fstab also does not conflict with rgmanager, as
long as the mount points/devices are the same.

-- Lon