[Linux-cluster] (newbie) mirrored data / cluster ?

Daniel Maher dma+linuxcluster at witbe.net
Mon Mar 31 17:40:27 UTC 2008

Hello all,

I have spent the day reading through the mailing list archives, Redhat
documentation, and CentOS forums, and - to be frank - my head is now
swimming with information.

My scenario seems reasonably straightforward : I would like to have two
file servers which mirror each others' data, then i'd like those two
servers to act as a cluster, whereby they serve said data as if they
were one machine.  If one of the servers suffers a critical failure,
the other will stay up, and the data will continue to be accessible to
the rest of the network.

I note with some trepidation that this might not be possible, as per
this document :
http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/enterprise/RHEL-5-manual/en-US/RHEL510/Cluster_Logical_Volume_Manager/mirrored_volumes.html

However, i don't know if that document relates to the same scenario
i've described above.  I would very much appreciate any and all
feedback, links to further documentation, and any other information
that you might like to share.

Thank you !

--
Daniel Maher <dma AT witbe.net>