[Linux-cluster] Meaning of checkinterval in cluster.conf

Lon Hohberger lhh at redhat.com
Thu May 15 15:13:42 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-05-15 at 09:22 +0200, Alain Moulle wrote:
> Hi
>
> I don't remember the meaning of checkinterval value in
> service record in cluster.conf with regard to the monitor
> and status values in script.sh ?

In RHEL3 clumanager, checkinterval was the frequency the entire service
was checked.

In rgmanager, check times are per-resource at a minimum granularity of
10 seconds.

There's no such parameter in script.sh/service.sh/etc.

If you change the <action name="status" interval="XXX">, it will check
more or less frequently.

You can do the same thing by adding <action name="status"
interval="xxx"/> as a child of the service in the resource tree.

(I need to put that on the ResourceTrees page on the wiki).

-- Lon