[Linux-cluster] kmod-gfs removed

Mikko Partio mpartio at gmail.com
Mon May 19 07:26:07 UTC 2008

On Thu, May 15, 2008 at 9:40 PM, Roger Peña <orkcu at yahoo.com> wrote:

> yum try to remove kmod-gfs because its depende of the kernel version that
> its trying to remove, which is not right because you are trying to update a
> kernel and it should means just install the package without remove any old
> versions.
> or do you change the default configuration of yum?

I have only added an extra repo.

When I did this upgrade and rebooted, the node could not see gfs-mounts any
more (obviously, since the gfs-module was not there). Then I had to remove
kmod-gfs -package with yum (lots of errors) and re-install it with yum
again. After a reboot everything is working again.

Regards

MIkko