[Linux-cluster] Re: kmod-gfs removed

denis denisb+gmane at gmail.com
Fri May 23 07:47:31 UTC 2008

Mikko Partio wrote:
>     yum try to remove kmod-gfs because its depende of the kernel version
>     that its trying to remove, which is not right because you are trying
>     to update a kernel and it should means just install the package
>     without remove any old versions.
>     or do you change the default configuration of yum?
> I have only added an extra repo.
>
> When I did this upgrade and rebooted, the node could not see gfs-mounts
> any more (obviously, since the gfs-module was not there). Then I had to
> remove kmod-gfs -package with yum (lots of errors) and re-install it
> with yum again. After a reboot everything is working again.

What is the status of this one?

I am seeing the same here (did not perform upgrade yet) :

Removing:
  kernel     x86_64     2.6.18-53.1.19.el5  installed
  kmod-gfs   x86_64     0.1.19-7.el5_1.1    installed

The only gfs related packages in the upgrade list are :
  gfs-utils  x86_64     0.1.17-1.el5 rhel-x86_64-server-cluster-storage-5
  gfs2-utils x86_64     0.1.44-1.el5 rhel-x86_64-server-5

Specifically how should one perform the upgrade with the least amount of
hassle?

Regards
--
Denis