[Linux-cluster] RHEL 3: no quorum for 3rd node

Lon Hohberger lhh at redhat.com
Mon May 19 15:00:54 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-05-19 at 12:25 +0100, Karl Podesta wrote:

> However it turns out the issue was resolved by rebooting the existing
> two production nodes! I'm not sure if just restarting clumanager/cluquorumd
> on the existing nodes would have made the difference, but when I wasn't
> having any luck getting the third node into the quorum, we scheduled a
> reboot of the existing two nodes, then when all 3 nodes came back up they
> had all joined quorum successfully, and services could be listed/migrated
> on all of the nodes. Fixed.
>
> I know there are probably few people using RHEL 3 cluster anymore, but
> I found this useful to know; that I need to schedule downtime in future
> if requested to add a 3rd node to a live 2-node cluster...

Well, it /should/ just work.  Maybe there's something that was missed,
like adding an entry explicitly to /etc/hosts.

It drops the connection attempt if the message subsystem key doesn't
match - which is why I asked about md5sum.  Also, it's strange that
cluqourumd would not work but clumembd did - they use the same code.

Maybe the other daemons on the existing cluster nodes didn't reload
correctly (service clumanager reload may have fixed it?).

What release of clumanager was it ?

-- Lon