[Linux-cluster] New fencing method

Fabio M. Di Nitto fdinitto at redhat.com
Thu May 22 08:02:47 UTC 2008

Hi Ross,

On Wed, 21 May 2008, Ross Vandegrift wrote:

> On Wed, May 21, 2008 at 01:47:20PM -0400, James Parsons wrote:
>> Lon Hohberger wrote:
>>> I'd recommend calling it something besides fence_snmp in the tree -
>>> because other agents also use SNMP.  For example:
>>>
>>> fence_ethernet ?
>>>
>> Could you include some doc on how to use it, please? You can use one of
>> the existing agent man pages as a template.
>
> Done and done.  I settled on fence_ifmib, since there's nothing
> specific to ethernet about IF-MIB, and it could apply to many
> different technologies.
>
> Diff against today's git is attached.

thank you very much. fence_ifmib is now in git master branch.

I did a few changes to plug it in. I will need to review the fence
building script to avoid that hack for the COPYRIGHT header generation but
it's low priority in my list for now. I made sure to keep the original one
in the header.

Could you please consider adding a few print to the help menu to add
information about build date, release version and your copyright to be
consistent with the other fence agents?

Thanks
Fabio