[Linux-cluster] Re: Booting node 1 causes it to fence node 2 (NM)

Klaus Steinberger Klaus.Steinberger at physik.uni-muenchen.de
Sat May 24 08:31:33 UTC 2008

Hi,

> I have two nodes, each fenceable through a Dell RAC card. When I power
> cycle one of them, it reboots ... and proceeds to fence the other one!
Do you have the cluster Communication and the RAC card's on the same subnet?
There is some hidden hint in the docu that on a two node cluster both cluster
communication and fencing devices must be on the same network. I had similar
symptoms as long as I tried cluster comm on fencing on different subnet in a
two node cluster.

> (btw should cman be started in init.d automatically? or should it be
It should be started automatically.

Sincerly,
Klaus

--
Klaus Steinberger         Beschleunigerlaboratorium
Phone: (+49 89)289 14287  Am Coulombwall 6, D-85748 Garching, Germany